Sunday, June 22, 2008
retrospection
I don't feel older. I think of myself as the same age as others with young children. It's not until we start talking about music or the price of gas when we both started driving that I realize I'm really not their age. It's not too depressing, but I look back and remember some of my ideas, behaviors, and conversations and realize that I was pretty immature and silly in my early married years. I'm embarrassed at myself and wonder how people more mature, like my parents and in-laws, put up with me. And then I realize that compared to them I'm still pretty immature and wonder how much I'm embarrassing myself now without even realizing it. The alternative though is to hide from everyone older, or more mature at least, than myself and that doesn't sound too appealing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Think of it this way though; those of us who are younger, think you are very mature and wise. Plus, I've found that after you have kids, age doesn't matter at all. People are categorized by age, then the categories change to "people with kids," "people with grandkids," and "people with great grandkids. There aren't a ton of people out there with great great grandkids, but I guess they'd have their own category as well.
Amen, Ami. And to recognize that one has become more mature and wise over the years is certainly a good thing. What if you looked back and decided you were less mature and becoming more stupid...which is something I actually suspect, upon occasion.
So if you are looking to hang out with immature people. I am available.
Lets do lunch.
Post a Comment