I sit here suddenly realizing that I am on the verge of totally breaking out of my mold. This is a startling revelation to someone who is as introverted as I am and hates change. But I just realized that I've changed my behavior on two life-time habits in the same month. First, I again made the commitment to take better care of my skin and quit picking my face. (The fact I can say that outloud to others is a huge step right? It's like a drug user admitting he has a problem.) I bought stuff from Avon and have been sticking to it, although the results aren't nearly as immediate as I would like. I am like the progressive auto insurance people. I want instant results. I want my skin to overnight become outbreak free and beautiful. Obviously not happening quite like that. Second, I actually decided to commit to exercise and bought a piece of exercise equipment. And I have been exercising, only 3 days so far but still that is way more than I would have even considered last year!
I am on a bettering mission I think. Every January I make goals and every stake and general conference I recommit to be better and this year I am actually sticking to it longer than a month. I don't know what this means. Maybe the end is near and my spirit has sensed that if I don't get off my duff and do what I know I should be doing I am doomed to forever be making goals and not reaching them.
Perhaps that change was instigated by the realization of how much wasted time I have. Remember that blog awhile back...well I made a schedule for my day so that I have play time with the girls and any retired school teacher will tell you that if there is a schedule it will become law, with allowances for flexibility. Now that I have a schedule posted (did the SuperNanny have anything to do with this?) I am much better at time management. I read my scriptures, play with the kids, and do my chores. I'm more aware of how I spend my time and feel acute guilt anytime I play solitaire. My leisure time must now be fun but not totally wasted.
Who knows what it will be next. I might actually read something written for grown-ups. Something I haven't already read I mean. Something that would be out of my familiar comfort zone. Because I now realize that the time after I put the girls to bed I just spend flipping through the channels and that is a serious waste of time and in some cases a serious deterrant to the Spirit because all those crime dramas, reality shows, and junk on between 8 and 10:30 are not always healthy. So I need an alternative and books might be it. I'm too tired to scrapbook that late as scrapbooking requires some level of thinking. Then again, if I'm that tired maybe I should just go to bed.
Yikes too many changes and realizations. I've got to end this now before I break too many barriers.
1 comment:
I love this blog! More of us need to go through an evaluation like yours. Would you mind posting your daily schedule? I know mine wouldn't be the same as yours, but I would love to get more good ideas from you! :)
Post a Comment