Wednesday, March 16, 2005

100 Things

100 Things Alan does to show he loves me

1. Puts both toilet seats down always.
2.
Wipes rim of toilet to keep it looking clean.
3.
Gets up with the kids in the morning so I can sleep in.
4.
Brings me home a donut or a cinnamon roll.
5.
Learned how to brush his teeth in the dark.
6.
Plays with my hair.
7.
Puts his dirty dishes in the sink or dishwasher.
8.
Cleans up after dinner.
9.
Makes dinner.
10.
Takes me out to dinner.
11.
Buys me a stuffed animal.
12.
Turns down invitations to play with guys to be with me.
13.
Reads “Pooh Bear” stories to me.
14.
Takes me on drives.
15.
Brings me flowers once in awhile.
16.
Writes me love notes every once in awhile.
17.
Remembers to get me something for mother’s day, birthdays, and Christmas.
18.
Does his personal spiritual study so we can be together forever.
19.
Listens without giving advice.
20.
Gives good advice when I ask for it.
21.
Doesn’t lecture me, even when I need it.
22.
Drives the car on long trips.
23.
Changes diapers without being asked cheerfully.
24.
Maintains a cheerful disposition.
25.
Puts his dirty clothes in the hamper.
26.
Picks up the house when I’m tired.
27.
Washes the dishes.
28.
Comes to bed with me when he would rather be playing computer games. *Just to sleep :)
29.
Always thanks me for making dinner.
30.
Accepts me even when it doesn’t make sense. (Like I can’t live with a cream colored house!)
31.
Listens to me rant and rave.
32.
Lets me pick out the colors, décor, and arrangement in the house.
33.
Plays with the kids while I make dinner.
34.
Watches the kids while I go shopping.
35.
Stays home from work one day so I could have the day off.
36.
Tidies the office.
37.
Tells me how much he loves me and appreciates me numerous times a week. And means it.
38.
Lets me have my way when it’s really important to me.
39.
Plays games with me that he isn’t as fond of.
40.
Doesn’t control me or even try to.
41.
Dresses the baby on Sunday.
42.
Makes date night a priority.
43.
Got me a puppy.
44.
Takes the dog, he didn’t want, on walkies.
45.
Became a fantastic Daddy.
46.
Calls me just to say he loves me and find out how my day is going.
47.
Respects my likes and dislikes and doesn’t make fun of me for them.
48.
Never makes fun of me.
49.
Never calls me names, even in play or jest.
50.
Never yells at me, even when I scratch the new car.
51.
Never talks poorly of me in public or private.
52.
Never smacks me even in play.
53.
Is always kind and considerate.
54.
Gives me lots hugs and kisses in front of the kids.
55.
Gives physical affection without expecting (EDIT) in return.
56.
Never gives me any reason to not trust him.
57.
Takes me to the temple.
58.
Listens and is teachable when I have issues.
59.
Helps me to be better by encouraging me in my goals.
60.
Gives me priesthood blessings when I ask and offers when he sees a need.
61.
Counsels me in a loving and kind way when needed.
62.
Lets me tickle him once in awhile.
63.
Tells me I look nice every Sunday and when I dress up.
64.
Dances with me even though he doesn’t like to dance.
65.
Listens to my preferred radio station in the car.
66.
Always does what I ask him to do without complaining.
67.
Buys me a new dress.
68.
Buys me chocolates.
69.
Discusses problems with me.
70.
Doesn’t belch or pass gas rudely.
71.
Likes being with my family as much as his.
72.
Sings me romantic songs.
73.
Holds my hand in the car.
74.
Doesn’t get disgusted when I pass gas.
75.
Gives me extra loves when I’m emotional.
76.
Gives me space when I’m emotional.
77.
Tries to know if I want space or extra loves when I’m emotional.
78.
Doesn’t give up on me.
79.
Never leaves in a huff.
80.
Rolls over if I ask him to when he’s snoring.
81.
Gets me a glass of water in the night.
82.
Lets me eat first if we have to take turns due to kiddies.
83.
Sticks next to me at large social gatherings where I am uncomfortable.
84.
Laughs with me not at me.
85.
Thanks me for doing the household chores.
86.
Tries to notice when I’ve done a household chore.
87.
Does activities I like and he doesn’t, like window-shop at the mall.
88.
Gives me the last cookie.
89.
Comes home on time.
90.
Fills up my car with gas.
91.
Takes out the garbage without being asked.
92.
Lets me buy baby clothes even when we didn’t have any babies.
93.
Handles the stuffed critters in his room.
94.
Tells me funny stories he heard at work.
95.
Welcomes my visits to his work.
96.
Tries to do creative dates even when we’ve been married 8 years.
97.
Understands my need to get out of the house.
98.
Buys my feminine products when I can’t.
99.
Buys me expensive stuffed toys when we can’t afford it just because I’ve fallen in love with them. (Once)
100.
Tells me he loves me every day.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Alan hardly does any of those for me. How come he likes you so much?