Friday, November 14, 2008

List II

I admit I'm list-obsessed. I did everything on my last list, even adding to it the making of play dough for Sarah's class and going to Walmart. Walmart wasn't supposed to be on the list but since I was going to my mom's house to get the ladder to change the bulb in the living room it just made sense. Besides the ladder I needed her artistic supplies because Sarah's reflection entry won and frames are not allowed. Hers had a frame. Her piece was done in pastels so it needed to be sprayed with some sort of protection stuff and covered in a clear plastic. Which brings me to the next point.

Walmart. I make a "grocery/household goods needed" list and then take it with me to Walmart. Usually I remember to bring it from the car into the store, but not always. Then I shop and get the things on my list. Unfortunately I usually get more than the things on the list because of good deals and sales. I don't mind that though. Then I come home and sadly before the day is over I have already started a new list for the things I forgot to put on the original list in the first place. This aggravates me. How is it that Alan used up all the Elmers glue at scouts and didn't write it on the list? How did I not notice that we were almost out of Malt-o-Meal and there wasn't any in the food storage room? How is it even possible that we are out of Cheerios!?

2 comments:

Eric said...

I find that I can only remember things, like what I need to do, who I need to call, what I need to buy, during a time when there is absolutely no way that I can accomplish the thing that I remembered. Then, when I am at the store, have my phone, am at work, etc. I don't remember what I was supposed to do/buy/etc.

SO FRUSTRATING.

Eric said...

Also, as you pointed out, lists don't seem to always help.