Disclaimer: Watch out. Below crosses over from light and fluffy to down-right serious and from my surface self to my inner self. This is not a new trend for this blog, but a one-time 'here's the real me' sort of post.
So today I shared my thoughts in relief society. The Spirit prompted that I should and so I did, even though in many ways I would wish to keep this experience private. Here though are some of the reasons I thought were important to share with others. Firstly, when we open up our hearts and the thoughts and feelings that are in them we allow others to feel with us. One of the baptismal covenants is that we bear one anthers burdens and mourn with those that mourn. I have come to see that this means that we must share our burdens or the lessons we've learned from them. It allows us and others to feel God's love and to build stronger relationships with each other. We are able to connect through the Spirit and share meaningful experiences related to our trials. Secondly, sharing allows us to testify of God's love and His work. It allows us to glorify God to others and by so doing strengthen our and their testimony of His life, work, and mission. In addition we feel and can testify of prayer, of an increased awareness that He knows us individually and loves us individually.
Subsequently I feel to share my testimony that through the atonement of our Saviour I have felt peace and that the pain of this experience has changed from pain to being wrapped in a blanket of love. I know Father loves me and understands me. I know that although I don't understand why we lost another baby that all is well. I am so grateful for a God that knows me and loves me. I am so grateful for the Plan of Happiness, for the Atonement and for my Savior who took upon Himself my pain so that I could be happy and find peace in times of pain. I feel to literally glorify my God! He is so kind and wise and great! His Plan is perfect and I am so grateful that He has blessed me to understand more and has seen fit to help me to become better, to reach upward and to see my weaknesses and have the courage to change. I'm so grateful that He cares about me, me personally who am just a normal mom trying to do what's right and yet failing to reach the potential I know I have. I'm grateful that he has faith in me and blesses me and has blessed me. It makes me want to do what I know I should do and to do better what I am already okay at. I'm so grateful for the blessing of my husband and children and for my family. Both my parents and my in-laws are great blessings in my life and I recognize them as such. I'm so grateful for a living prophet and apostles on the earth and for the scriptures. I feel especially grateful for the Holy Ghost and His ability to convey the love of the Lord and the comfort I needed. Also for the still small voice that prompts me what I need to do and helps me to understand what I am reading when I am in-tune. I'm grateful that I live at a time when the Gospel has been restored and that I could live here in this neighborhood with these friends. Lastly I do hope that I'll be able to get pregnant and have more children eventually, but if not I am still so grateful for this opportunity God has given me to learn and to feel closer to Him. I hope most of all that I'll maintain this level of spirituality and increase it. I hope to improve in all the areas I know I am currently weak in and I hope that if I do I'll see other areas of weakness and be able to improve until I can truly be a disciple of Christ and be perfect in Him. That will not happen in this life but I can strive for it anyway.
7 comments:
Beautiful, heartfelt testimony. I love you!
I know three very cute little girls who are so lucky to have your guidance and influence. What a wonderful mom you are!
Your courage, commitment and integrity are wonderful models for all who know you. Thank you for the gift of your testimony. I'm sure it has made an impact in ways that are yet to be identified. What an amazing week! I love you.
I appreciate your courage in putting to paper your feelings. They constitute a wonderful testimony - one that for various reason - not identical to yours - I share. Love, Dad!
I am so blessed to have you as a sister. You are such a great example to me in every way. I'm so blessed you have you around to ask questions since I'm doing this mom thing for the first time. You're basically a super-mom! I love you! :)
Post a Comment