Monday, November 06, 2006

this week

First of all you all need to check the insegredient ignatz site.

Next a little about the week. We had a fun Halloween. As you can see from the pictures it was actually a family affair this year. It was really fun to have Alan as an FBI agent. I think it's all the "Numbers" shows we've watched that inspired him. Alyssa hasn't seemed to have a major aversion to the chocolate I've eaten this week so that's good.

Speaking of Alyssa, she's not been sleeping at night well since she started this teething thing. Last week we had one night where she was up every 2 hours. That's brutal. Then last night she slept from 8 pm until 6:30 am!!! Mind you I woke up several times thinking I should be feeding her but managed to go back to sleep without too much problem. I hope this will be a new trend. Her last top tooth is just about to break the skin. I think it will be today. Then she will have 6 little wee teeth, and hopefully a break before she cuts any more. She's so cute. She's been expanding her vocabulary to da da da and ba ba and ra ra. But sadly no ma ma. She tried yogurt this week and like it. She also tried a ritz cracker and thought that was pretty good.

Emmie is at a delightful age. I love 3 year olds. Of course she's not quite 3 but almost. Her birthday is on Thanksgiving this year. She wants a princess dress of course. She's way into dress -up as I have already stated in earlier posts. That hasn't changed. Yesterday she said she was wearing down sleeves and she likes up sleeves better. She's also been practicing her pronunciation of certain words. She'll wonder around saying, "Grooomit. Gro-met. Gro-mit." She was a butterfly for Halloween. She liked her preschool party and yesterday she liked going to Primary. The nursery children came in for singing time yesterday.

Sarah is at a comparative stage. She compares herself to everyone in everything. Sometimes I worry she is going to turn out uppity and snobbish. "Am I better at reading than everyone in my class? I am. I am better than Emmie at swinging. I am better than Emmie at singing. I am taller than Emmie. I am smarter than Emmie. Am I the smartest one in my class?" This is a sample. Our strategy has been to acknowledge her accomplishments while pointing out that others are better at other things and that Emmie is simply younger not less-smart. Yesterday in primary she was play hitting a boy sitting next to her. (Another activity learned at kindergarten which we have recently become aware of and told her to cease and desist.) I caught her eye and shook my head "no" and next thing I see she's leaning over and kissing him on the cheek! My daughter the flirt at age 5. She doesn't get this from me.

I had a good week. I've spent a lot of it doing primary stuff. I spent some of it shopping and some of it cleaning and some of it cooking. Well basically I've spent it being a mom, which is just right. I did however do some reading as well instead of watching tv in the evenings. My mom would be proud. This week I want to play more with the girls. One of the highlights of my week was going to Cabelas with mom and dad Wessman. I loved it there. What a cool store. We got to see them feed the trout and I was amazed at how quick they took down those little goldfish. I also had a dentist appointment and have nothing to report, which is good.

Alan did the same old things with the exception of Halloween which has already been discussed. He didn't have to teach on Sunday and spent most of church time home with a sleeping baby. We will be soooo glad when church is at 9 am next year!

No comments: