Sunday, September 23, 2007
Vampires
So while I was in Boston I gave in and began reading the Vampire books by Stephanie Meyers. I admit I didn't want to. I basically decided to read them to appease certain sister-in-laws and neighbors who I am sure wouldn't give me any peace until I read them. To his credit Alan helped get me intrigued. I had brought book 1 onto the plane just in case I should decide to read it. I started with Sudoku and Alan tried to get his laptop to play a movie which it wouldn't do so I gave him the book to read. He reads twice as fast as I do and so occasionally when I was stuck on a puzzle I glanced over and read some before he turned to the next page. I admit I became intrigued. The start of the next day found me reading on a bench outside the conference center while he went to class. I couldn't put the book down! Two days later I went to the Barnes and Noble and bought the 3rd book. (I'd only borrowed books 1 and 2.) By the time I got home yesterday I had almost finished reading book 3 through the 2nd time having already finished books 1 and 2 again. You could say that I'm hooked. Alan found Stephanie Meyer's web site and I loved reading about Edwards first day. (Can't remember what she called it, but it's a chapter long version of Bella's first day at school from Edward's perspective.) I'm quite worried about having to wait until next fall to find out what happens next. These are my new favorite books!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Woo Hoo! May I happily say, "I told you so?!" I'm glad you enjoyed them. I, too, am finishing the books for the second time; it's fun to go back and put it all together. I have no idea how I'm going to wait until August '08 for the next book.
Now, for the real question... are you for Edward or Jacob? Dawn is for Jacob, I am for Edward.
Definitely Edward!! Edward leans toward my eternal companion ideology. Plus I think that he and Bella are soul-mates and that although she could be happy with Jacob, she and Edward were meant for each other. I relate to Bella and I put Alan in Edward's shoes in a sense.
well sorry I'm late in saying but I think that she should go for Edward!
Post a Comment