Thursday, September 13, 2007

postponing

I just read through all the blogs again. Coralee set up my google home-page to let me know if anyone posts a new blog but I sometimes I just go through them and check anyway hoping it might have missed someone. Some of you haven't posted in soooo long and I miss the blogs. (Alan are you paying attention? Rob? Dawn? Julie and Scott?) I thought if I was going to miss other's posting I aught to post something myself so as not to have a beam in mine own eye. We leave for Boston on Monday and so I am not doing chores the last few days. I figure I will do them all on Saturday so Mom Wessman won't have to come tend children in a dirty house, at least not as dirty as it would be if I didn't do any chores. So this morning I made a carrot cake. I had to, there was not a choice involved. You see, I pulled three carrots from the garden last week that were huge! The largest was about 3" across at the top. Yesterday I made spaghetti and so I shredded the carrots and zucchinis to put in the sauce. After I added some carrot to the sauce, I still had about 3+ C of carrot left. What does someone do with that much shredded carrot. Well I could have made a 5 pounds of jello salad but I thought carrot cake would be better. Anyone who wants carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is invited over for desert tonight. (Now I will know if anyone reads this.) I also have about 2 C of shredded zucchini and later today I will make zucchini bread or something. The end.

2 comments:

Cora said...

I would have shown up for cake except I didn't read your blog until 10:42 p.m. Drat!!!

Shannon said...

We had an unbirthday party. It was fun.