Tuesday, January 30, 2007
the bedroom
Am I the only one that dreams of a beautiful bedroom? I want a bedroom like you see in bed and breakfast places. A place where it's peaceful, beautiful, serene, romantic and intimate. Where I can read my scriptures and say my prayers and absorb calmness. An escape. A romantic get-away when needed that's free and doesn't require a babysitter. I can picture it in my mind but creating it is sooo hard. Partly it's cost but mostly it's getting rid of this big practical not-beautiful headboard. Alan loves the headboard. What I want is much more girly and much less practical. He says, "I don't want to be smothered by sheer materials, only books. Can't we have a headboard made of books?" No, it's not intimate. He says, "I don't want to sleep in a cage." I say a canopy isn't a cage and sheer curtains aren't bars. He says, "I want you to be happy and if it means that much go for it, but just don't spend more money than you can get by selling the headboard." I say I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When I think of 4 poster beds/beds with canopies, I think of 17 year old girls in the 80's with wealthy parents. Don't be those girls. Don't torture Alan. My suggestion is a compromise. Get a head board that is neither a practical bookcase or a girly monstrosity. Get something nice and elegant. Just my two bits.
I'll post a link to what I would like and you tell me if it's too horrible for Alan. :)
Post a Comment