Friday, October 06, 2006

needs vrs wants

This month my goal is to only spend money on needs. All of the sudden all these deals are suddenly showing up. Yesterday Sarah brought home a book order. Ohhh, so hard to not justify books as needs.
My mind: Books are needs. Children need books.
Me: Yes, but we can borrow them for free at the library.
My mind: True, but you can't always get to the library, the baby is sick remember?
Me: I know, but I already have hundreds of books.
My mind: But not all on Sarah's reading level.
Me: She hasn't read all the ones on her reading level yet!
My mind: But you can get the Magic Tree House books 1-8 for only $12.95! Do you know what a killer deal this is?
Me: I know, but it's still not a need.
My mind: Go ask Alan to get them as a Christmas present. He hasn't made this stupid commitment.
Me: "Alan? I want to show you something."

1 comment:

Mike and Adrianne said...

He..he. That's funny. I love, love children's books. I joined a club so I could get some free books. Way to justify!