Monday, October 02, 2006
playing house
I chatted with a mom in Sarah's class last week who was also volunteering and when she found out I had 3 and Sarah was the oldest she said, "Oh you poor thing. I'm sorry. Your kids are so close together you must be going crazy." -or something to that effect. Actually, I told her, I'm having a great time. The girls aren't that close together and they are so fun. After that she changed the topic. Anyway I was thinking later that I am having a great time playing house. It's like when I was little only the babies are real and the pretend messes I used to clean are real too. I love playing house, most of the time. The girls are all in such cute phases. Alyssa coos and crawls and laughs so adorably. Emmie sings and says funny things. She dresses up all the time and is so fun. Sarah also says really funny things and is so fun to teach and I love to do her hair. I don't mind the housework because I do something different every day and most of the time I don't even mind cooking dinner anymore because I love to see the enjoyment everyone gets out of it. Alan's theme song of "White and Nerdy" fits him and I'm thinking of one like maybe "The Happy Homemaker". I wonder how come more moms don't find it so enjoyable to be home, but then I also wonder how come I have the greatest husband ever and such darling children. Obviously today has been good so far. Maybe my next post will be about wanting to quit and go on a sabatical.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment