Monday, October 30, 2006

a 2nd non-email

I don't like change, especially time changes. Let's just get that out in the open so we can move on to other things.

So this week was good. It was looking bad for the baby hero but she pulled through in the end and cut another top tooth. One more to go and she will have conquered all evil Pain until the next set. She finally slept through the night the last two nights, waking once to nurse each night. Some things she likes: prunes, shoes (especially ones with tasty filthy soles), paper, magazines (we found some text hidden in a poopy diaper and have reason to believe she's a secret agent), colored pencils, Potter's rawhides, and cheerios, the nordi-track when I'm trying to exercise. Things she doesn't like: getting dressed or undressed, her own toys, cereal, beans, teething, church during nap-time, me taking the things she likes away.


Emmie had a good week. She loves going to preschool and although one of the youngest and definitely the shortest she knows more, primarily because of doing school with Sarah and myself during the summer. I actually had a small stroke this morning when she picked out a top and pants to wear today!! Apparently all her "bootiful" dresses were dirty. Obviously it's laundry day.She's sure someone is going to get her a new Cinderella or Aurora dress for her birthday and I'm a bit nervous because we are getting her a princess dress, but it's not a disney princess dress. My parents chose to get her regular dresses she can wear during the week which are "bootiful". She loves to sing and has started the "why" phase this week. Why? I don't know. Emmie also began drawing objects that actually resembled what she said they were. My favorite are the spiders; circles with lines coming out all around them. She also drew a pumpkin which she said was, "scary, spikey, and grabby."

Sarah has started writing us letter this past week. They are delightful. Last night she wrote me this: Dear Momy, I am glad monstrs are pretend. Love, Sarah On the back she had drawn a Halloween picture with monsters, bats, and jack-o-lanterns. Yesterday in Primary one of the songs was "I love to see the temple" and this is currently one of Sarah's favorites so she belted it out with all the gusto she could muster. Her voice carried way above the rest of the primary and she attracted much attention from teachers, children and me. There was an abundance of smiles and general amusement and love. I admit that I have a pride issue when it comes to Sarah and love for her to astound people by reading scriptures in primary when it's her turn. She's so tiny compared to the other children her age that the affect is pretty cool.

I had a nice week primarily because I had my birthday to look forward to. Alan took the day off and we had a nice time. I got a new set of kitchen knives and my parents watched the girls so we could go to the temple. One of the greatest things was that I didn't have to cook dinner 3 days this week. Mom and Dad Wessman took us out on Wed. night, Alan and I ate at the temple on Thursday, and Alan cooked Yakisoba for us on Sat. I also enjoyed phone calls from everyone and was happy that Korihor met an untimely end. (I like to pretend that I'm reading the story for the first time and can't wait to see what happens next.)


Alan made some good progress on his consulting work this week and now has one more major part left to write. Mind you, it's huge and will take awhile-awhile meaning several years. :) He has been sneaking off this week into the backyard with his binoculars to look at comets. I think he is actually a secret agent with Alyssa. (NO of course I haven't checked his poopies for messages! How could you even think that?!)

No comments: