Tuesday, September 05, 2006

preschool

Today was the first day of preschool for Emmie. It was at our house and will be Thursday too. After that it will be someone else's turn. Picture 6 little girls, the oldest 3 and the youngest 2 1/2. I sometimes forget that they don't come preprogrammed to sit and pay attention. There isn't any concept that while the teacher is singing you have to stay and sing with them or at least sit and listen. Two of them kept wanting to go play and Emmie wanted me to hold her. I sound as if it didn't go well or I didn't like it and actually just the opposite is true. I had a great time and even if they can't repeat the parts of a tree back to their parents I think they had fun. It's just so surprising to teach preschool when I've been doing sharing time with older kids. It's basically a glorified nursery with the focus on academics instead of the gospel, although we did sing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeam."

No comments: