Guess what! Alyssa got finally cut her two bottom teeth today! It seems amazing to me that yesterday they were still below the skin, just barely, and today they are poking through. She is still really drooley and constantly has her fingers/thumb in her mouth but she isn't nearly as fussy. The other amazing thing to me is that she pushes herself into a sitting position even though she can't actually sit up yet. So she pushes herself up, supporting herself with her hands and then usually tips over after about 30 seconds. She army crawls herself where ever she wants to be and we've had to instruct the girls about leaving coloring pencils, paper, books, shoes and other small objects on the floor where Alyssa will find them and taste them. She is so cute and loves to play peek-a-boo with Sarah. Sarah, by the way is a great big sister who loves to entertain the baby and Alyssa is the first person she wants to see when she wakes up in the mornings, followed by daddy. Sarah just loves babies. However since she has started kindergarten Emmie has taken over some of the rule of older sister for Alyssa which is really cute. She'll come up to her, especially if she's fussy, and say in a Sarah sort of voice "Oh, you are a pretty wittle baby!" This is really cute. She brings Alyssa toys too and pulls sillly faces to entertain her.
Alyssa loves baby food and has so far tried pears, peaches, carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes. The pattern is thus: I put a spoonful into her mouth. She immediately puts her thumb in and suck on it to swallow the food. This worked well when she was learning how to eat but she can swallow without fingers or thumb now( I've seen her do it) and so today I tried to keep things a bit tidier. No good. She got extremely mad when I held her hands and tried to get her to eat without them. So I gave in. I'm not so picky about keeping her clean as I was with Sarah.
Her 6 month check-up is Thursday and I'm interested to see what she weighs. I'll let you know. Meanwhile you should know that she is adorable and loved by us all, even Potter.
No comments:
Post a Comment