I can't believe how much Emmie is talking and how much I can understand. It seems like it took Sarah forever to start forming words and talking in an understandable way. In the last month Emmie has introduced these new phrases:
Silly (followed and preseded by a giggle)
Hold this
Hungry
Sit!
Socks and Shoes
Bunny
Bear
Stuck
Hands sticky
water
up
down
please (pronounced pease)
pants
bath
wet
snacks
read this
Suess
Hop Pop
Ham (meaning green eggs and ham)
potter
uh oh
sky (also means airplane)
eyes (meaning the sun is in her eyes)
owee
purple, green, and blue
see epatant (see elephant)
There might be some others, but I can't recall them right now. She is so cute and so enjoyable unless she is really tired. She has learned to go down slides by herself and calls them "weee" which also means swing. She likes to play doctor and particularly to give shots. When she does this she says owee and puts the pretend bandaid on. She knows how to give real kisses and her word for anything she doesn't know is biday. (I think she might be French.) She sings words in the songs ABC's, Teach me to walk in the light, I am a child of God, Pioneer Children Sang as they walked, the Ox Cart, Popcorn Popping, the Wise Man, My life has a plan..., Mary Poppin's Stay Awake, and Do As I'm Doing. Tonight in the car she suddenly started singing Stay Awake and we could actually understand some of the phrases she said from the song. It was sooo cute. She likes to play nonsense games involving pulling faces and chase with Daddy. She knows all the main body parts and must have her hair brushed if I am doing Sarah's hair and she sees me. She is such a girl! She always has a necklace on and frequently carries around one of Sarah's purses. She loves shoes, anybody's, and dressing up for church. Her favorite activities are doing what Sarah is doing, looking at books, doing puzzles, and doing her shapes ball (you know the tupperware ball with yellow shapes). She is such a delight and I can't believe I got lucky enough to have two girls!!
No comments:
Post a Comment