Wednesday, August 31, 2005
A good mommy day
Today was a good Mommy Day. This means that I actually stuck to my new schedule and planned and carried out "school" and the "activity of the day". Because I am not enrolling Sarah in preschool this year I have prepared a more structured lesson time and activity time with each day having a different curriculum for the activity. The lesson portion always follows the same basic outline. For example today's activity was under the "art" theme. I decided to teach Sarah about the primary and secondary colors. We used water in plastic see-through cups and food coloring. Thankfully, though I hadn't tried it out beforehand, the primary colors dutifully changed into the secondary colors when poured together into new cups. Sarah was so amazed and impressed. Emmie thought the most amazing thing was seeing the food coloring change into colored water. Then she colored a simple color wheel and we made a book on some cardstock by cutting out pictures from my Country Magazines (thanks Mom) and going for a walk around the neighborhood to take pictures to print at home. (Hooray for color printers!)She also collected flowers and green stuff to tape/glue in the book. Another day we will lable all the pictures. As if that wasn't impressive enough I made zuccini cassarole (thanks again Mom for the zuccini) for dinner. If anyone has any ideas for me feel free to post them. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Could you please teach my sophomores?
Robyn has requested that she enroll in your school! Please keep posting your activities.It gives us ideas!
Post a Comment