Saturday, April 02, 2005

I did it.

I deleted solataire from the computer. I compare it to a smoker throwing away all his/her smoking stuff in order to reach for a higher goal. I think I will suffer withdrawel but it will be worth all the extra time I am not wasting. Sometimes I wonder if those who read all my blogs suddenly see me in a sorry light. They're like, "Whoa, I didn't know this girl had so many problems and now I can't see her in the same light and when I meet her next I will not be able to make eye-contact." I guess I should quit publishing my bad habits but it helps me to be better knowing others know. Why is that?

3 comments:

Scott said...

it's self-inflicted social pressure to do what you say you should do. i use the same technique to stay motivated during marathon training. doesn't always work, though...

Dawn Wessman said...

Are you too hard on yourself?

Shannon said...

Na, I figure if I were too hard on myself I would always feel down in the dumps or like a failure and I usually feel pretty good about myself and where I am heading. Sometimes though I think the Spirit tries to prompt me to take that next step in living a higher law than I was living. Everyone's on a different plane I figure and eventually I hope to see things and agree with things the way I figure more mature people (like my parents) do.