The last several weeks Emmie has given up napping. She will be sooo tired that I will put her down sure that she will sleep at least an hour if not several days. Then 20-30 minutes later she is up, still grumpy but totally unwilling to sleep longer no matter how I coax, rock, sing, or cuddle her. This is true for morning and afternoon nap-times. I thought perhaps if I skip the morning nap she'll actually nap in the afternoon, but no. This is bad because I currently use nap time to either nap or do something totally nonkid condusive like reading my scriptures. This has really hampered me this week because I have had a cold. More importantly it has hampered Emily who has been sick and was diagnosed yesterday with an ear-infection.
Then today when I really really needed a nap and she really needed a nap she napped! She slept 21/2 hours! What a blessing. As soon as I woke up and realized what time it was and that she was still asleep I couldn't help but say a prayer and hope that this will continue.
No comments:
Post a Comment