This is on my Mom's blog and I liked it and decided to post it on mine too.
Christmas Thought
T'is the week before Christmas and the calendar's full
Of programs and parties and other stuff "yule."
I've wrapped all the presents,
I've mailed all the cards,
I've scoured the house and shoveled the yard.
Still, I wonder if I've done all that I should
To prepare for The Day of Giving and Good.
Have I also remembered the lonely and sad?
Have I helped out the homeless and made them feel glad?
Did I offer a smile to the harried and stressed?
Or share someone's burden? Or cheer the depressed?
I hope that my Christmas will also fill
With grateful expressions of kindly good will,
And each song that I sing will be echoed abroad
Because I remembered to celebrate God.
May this glorious week be merry and bright
With a heart and a home filled with Heavenly light!
Posted by Linda G. Paulsen at 6:15 AM 0 comments
No comments:
Post a Comment