A collection of disjointed thoughts:
Last night for dinner I fixed this stuff with polish sausage. I didn't cook it because it said on the package "Fully cooked" but I should have. (I didn't eat any because it has 130 fat calories per serving.) Around 9 pm we are alerted to the sound of Alyssa crying and discovered that she had thrown up. While caring for her Emmie woke and started to cry and Alan deftly placed the wastebasket under her as she suddenly followed Alyssa's example. The following several hours were spent rinsing bowls and washing linens and pajamas, interrupted only twice with Sarah being sick in her room. By midnight I had settled down with the Old Testament in the hallway so that every 10 minutes I could jump up to help one or more children. Emmie and Alyssa were the most sick, having heaving tummies every 10 minutes for hours; even though they didn't have anything left to vomit. Alan gave them each a blessing and of course that coupled with our prayers finally seemed to slow things down. I went to bed around 2. I had gotten a lot of laundry done and read to page 56 in Genesis. Alan was not super sick but felt yucky all evening.
This year my goal was to read all the Standard Works. I just finished the New Testament and realize that even though the Old Testament is last it is lengthy and I'm going to be hard-pressed to finish by the end of the year. I figured out that if I read 14 pages a day I'll make it. Last night I started and as previously mentioned did 4 days worth. I haven't read that much at one time before and found it much easier to follow who's who and what is happening in context. I may try and read an hour after the girl's go to bed every night instead of 1/2 hour to keep the stories together in my mind better. Also I love the jst's because they really help clear up some disconcerting moments. (Like when Lot offers his virgin daughters to the mob outside, but then to discover he didn't was refreshing.)
Alan and I got a sitter for tonight and I'm excited about the prospect of going out for awhile without the girls.
I found Sarah a new coat at Sears yesterday 50% off and that was cool. I'm aggravated about her old one because the zippers broke on the liner and coat and I had bought it with the intention that it would last for not only 2 years for her but also for Emily and possibly Alyssa. I will not buy a coat from the Arizona Jean company again.
I love the zip in the air every morning when I walk Sarah to school. It's refreshing after the heat of summer. I also love not having to run either my heater or air-conditioner.
This year allergies were terrible. I don't usually suffer from allergics (as Eeyore calls them) but this fall they were not good. Sarah was also worse compared to past years. But the nice thing is that it has past so I can go outside to get the mail without sneezing my head off.
I need to paint the family room and don't really want to.
If you wait to develop pictures until October from February it will be expensive. But then you will have a lot (600) of photos to enjoy all at once.
No comments:
Post a Comment