Friday, October 03, 2008

DC



Washington DC was amazing. I went there not expecting to be impressed by anything. I was just glad for a chance to get away with Alan in the beginning, then the week before our trip there was problem after problem including but not limited to Alan's root canal, a trip to the ER, a minor surgery, and I got sick. That put a huge damper on my enthusiasm for life and I really wasn't looking forward to going. Once there however, my enthusiasm picked up considerably. Our first evening Alan's Aunt and Uncle, with whom we were staying, took us to see many of the monuments. Truthfully I didn't expect to be all that interested. I was amazed and inspired by the Lincoln, Jefferson, and Hiroshima monuments. They were incredible. I was in awe over the Vietnam memorial and the tribute to nurses. The following days were equally inspiring. I came away feeling renewed, with a lot more knowledge on the history of our country. Lynn and Laurel, Alan's aunt and uncle, were a huge part of that. They were so gracious and the best tour guides ever! Here are a few pictures from our trip.

2 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

I'm glad you had a good time. I would love to go someday. That's such a great picture of you and Alan. I just think you guys are about the cutest couple ever.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

What great pictures! I'm just glad the trip came when it did. Imagine if it hadn't! You had to work to get there, but you sorely needed it. Hooray for Mercies!