I have issues.
(We know, you all say with a sigh.) I'm not talking about my desire for baby farm animals here. I'm talking about the last BYU football game. See I'm a fan but I just hate to see the other team so completely demolished, demoralized, and depressed. I wish they had gotten just 1 field goal, or even 1 touchdown. Does that make me so unloyal a fan?
5 comments:
I don't think so. I think it is because you see the bigger picture. That's a good thing.
I, on the other hand; laugh when BYU loses (though I don't actually watch the games), I don't care who they are playing. Does that make me a bad mormon (or Paulsen:))?
Hey! I want baby farm animals. Want to go in on a farm together? We can start out small (baby chicks) and work our way up (a piglet).
Even though Alan says you are a bad influence on me, I am going to agree with YOU! Let's buy a hamster, I saw some darling dwarf ones at Petsmart. :)
I want to visit your farm. I do not, however, want to be "on staff." Farm animals put "poop-scooping" in a whole new dimension.
As for BYU, I am loyal. But not vicious. I want to win, not pulverize. It's okay to shut out the other team--but not to keep scoring over their dead bodies.
There are circumstances where I would agree with you. But this is not one of them. UCLA is a PAC-10 team. The PAC-10 is one of the BCS conferences, and all the BCS conferences, and all the teams in them have an elitist, we're better than you, its a privilege for you to play us, you don't belong at the upper echelons of college football attitude. These teams deserve to be humiliated on the field. After the Washington win (another PAC-10 team) the week before, the internet message boards, and radio call in shows were full of Washington fans bemoaning the loss, saying that they were cheated, and assuring BYU fans that we were sure to lose at the hands of a "good" PAC-10 team, UCLA. This victory was so sweet. It was a statement game. BYU needed to show that they are worthy of their national ranking, and needed to keep their hopes alive, that if they win out, they deserve a BCS bowl game. Had the UCLA victory not been convincing, it would have seriously impacted their chances. Of course, nothing is a foregone conclusion. BYU has 9games left, including TCU and UTAH.
Also, BYU never scored over dead bodies in this game. The starters were pulled early in the 3rd quarter, and UCLA kept making mistakes.
Sorry, reading this post it sounds like a bit of a rant. So be it.
Eric, thank you for your explanation. I feel slightly better now. Really.
Post a Comment