Thursday, April 24, 2008

follow up on the Froggie Song

Last night Alan had scouts so I put the girls to bed by myself. When it came time for the song I didn't even ask what anyone wanted but just started to sing "Teach Me to Walk in the Light." Alyssa suddenly threw a fit! "No," she cried "Doggie, Froggie!" Naturally I told her, and the others that I don't know the Froggie Song and that it is Daddy's song and only he can sing it with them. Sarah responded, "We can teach you Mommy. It's a repeat after me song..." I shook my head and continued with the original choice. I can see that I'm not going to have to do much singing at night for awhile. It's all down to you, Alan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I expect to get weeks, if not months, of enjoyment out of the froggie song at work. Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

Alan was afraid of that, but I was especially hopeful that you would share it around. :)

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

Have you seen the movie Pacifier with Vin Deisel? Anyone the bedtime song reminded me of that movie believe it or not.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

I think the Froggie song is particularly potent as a Daddy-memory. Way to go! Perhaps Mommy needs a different song as her "signature" that would be equally memorable...