I know it's been awhile since I've blogged. My plan is to play catch up today so you don't forget who the Spanish Fork Wessman's are.
Naturally with our family we have been dealing with sick kids. Emmie and Alan started it. (That should be said in a whiney child voice.) They got colds about a month ago. Just as they started to feel better after about 2 weeks Sarah got it. That is actually impressive. She lasted 2 weeks and didn't get it first. She was sick the shortest amount of time too, only 1 week. Then when she was feeling better Emmie got sick again, this time with more of a cough. A few days later Alyssa joined Emmie. After 2 1/2 weeks of Emmie not sleeping because of all the coughing fits (this is with her taking Hystinex, a perscription cough syrup) I took her to the doctor. That was Friday. Sure enough she had a sinus infection and since she started the antibiotic has been doing tons better. The doctor gave me an anitbiotic for Alyssa too if she needed it in a few days time. Today I started that because her coughing is getting worse. I also got another asthma treatment for Sarah as she only had 2 doses left and takes one each morning. Yes, if you were wondering, we spend way too much money on medical bills. Thank goodness Sarah is down to once a day because her stuff is $40 each time. The inhaler thingy has 60 doses in it so it does last awhile. And it seems to be making a huge difference.
So due to the above paragraph trick-or-treating was a lot shorter this year. We went out for about 20 minutes and they got much less candy than usual. I don't even mind. Sarah was wearing her unicorn horse costume, Emmie decided to wear her butterfly costume (both of these were bought for them last year) and Alyssa went as a bee. Alyssa was so cute! She caught right on to the dress up for candy idea and was very happy to be a bee.
Alyssa has been sleeping so much better since we put her back in the crib. She was just not ready for the independence associated with the bed. Hopefully when the time comes she will be better at sleeping in the bed but who knows when that will be.
Sarah is now into the Little House on the Prairie series. I'm so glad she found something else. I thought I was going to have to hide the Boxcar Children just to get her to read something else. She is also discovering the Animal Ark books but they aren't her favorite. She loves to imagine herself a pioneer and says things like, "I'm not going to talk unless you talk to me first" at the dinner table. We reinforce that that isn't a rule we have at this house but she likes to pretend.
Emmie is suddenly showing a lot more interest in letters and reading. She likes to write all her letters (capitals) and can sound out short words or spell them if you ask her. She is still very much a girly girl and loves princesses and playing house. In our house I am the Queen and Alan is the prince so that Emmie, the princess, has someone to marry. Alan would rather be the king but usually Emmie is adamant that he is not the king he is the prince. At least she recognizes that I am the QUEEN. Don't mess with the Queen.
I am doing okay. I have started exercising in earnest again in the hopes to look like Dawn. It will never happen and I am learning to accept that. I'd settle to look like me 10 years ago. That will never happen either but I don't accept that.
I've also been scrapbooking and enjoy that periodically. I'm glad to know that we aren't moving, at least not for 6+ months so I might put the pictures back up on my walls that are now painted so nicely. I might even consider painting the family room or the girls' room still.
Alan and I read through the merit badge list and realized that Dad Wessman could be a counselor on at least 20 of them. Yikes Dad! You know too much. Alan wanted me to be a counselor but they don't have a scrapbooking merit badge. Alan of course has signed up to be a counselor for the following: Computers, Astronomy, Weather, Orienteering, Journalism, Hiking, and Environmental Science.
Time to fix lunch. See you all later probably.
1 comment:
So, I was thinking about merit badge counseling...
Perhaps you could suggest some new badges that the boy scouts obviously have over-looked, such as:
Royal Living (for future queens and princes,etc.)
Home Nursing
Scrapbooking
Creative Sleep Strategies
Vampire Mania
Applied Holiday Costuming
and of course,
Blogging
love, MOM
Post a Comment