Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Stick in the Mud
You know, I am sometimes a "stick -in- the -mud" as my mother would say. I want to be one now but I won't. I want to skip Thanksgiving, not because I don't like food or family, but because it will mean lots of people (people that I love but many of them) and noise and preparing and cleaning up after and worry. Also I can't skip Alan's favorite holiday because face it, I'm crazy about him. I hesitate to even admit it-wanting to skip Thanksgiving, not about being crazy for Alan. Maybe I won't even post this...but I will because sometimes it's nice to admit a weakness/personality flaw/trait whatever. It makes me feel relieved to know that everyone will know that although I am crazy, I'm not nuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel the same way sometimes- holidays can be very draining themselves. And I like Christmas at its roots but I tire of the commercialized stuff.
You could do what Katie's dad does though- he finds a nice buffet every Thanksgiving! Ha!
Post a Comment