I admit the fault is mine. I haven't posted for a long time. No one is responsible but me. So here is the catch-up. We went to Yellowstone and had a great time. Coralee and her family went with us. It was very nice to have a planner and organizer in the midst, cousins for the girls to play with, and friends to visit with after the children were down for the night.
Primary has been keeping me busy. Our president decided that a third counselor was needed and so I no longer have activity girls under my belt but have kept the nursery and the primary program. Last week I wrote the program and emailed it to our president and she sent it to the bishop for approval. As it is almost all word for word from the Church Primary Program Guide, I don't expect any problems. This week I have to assign all the parts and make sure each child has something to do or say. Because of such a large primary some classes sing a song together and not everyone has a speaking part so I have to make sure that those who didn't get a speaking part last year have one this year. It's a bit time-consuming but I don't mind it, especially since I don't feel so tired and gross anymore.
Nursery needs another 2 teachers so we can add a 4th class and one of my newer teachers hasn't come the last 2 weeks. She's somewhat active and I think I need to go over and make friends. I've been thinking I need to do a thank you something for all my nursery teachers anyway. Walmart had big candy bars for a $1, maybe I'll get some of those and make little cards. Ideas??
This week while Alan was at scout camp the girls and I have kept busy and happy. We went up to Wessman's and helped make applesauce. We went to the zoo and we've been to the park and of course Walmart. In earlier years I hated having Alan gone, but lately I don't mind it at all. I enjoyed having the whole bed to myself. (Is that bad?) Alan seems to have had a good time at camp.
I started to read the Potter books over again. I've read 1-3 so far. This week I'll try and read #4. I also want to finish scrapbooking the month of May this week, although the time I would scrapbook is the same time I have to read so I can't do both.
A neighbor brought over her maternity clothes for me. She claims to be done. (I wish I knew for sure how many we are supposed to have.) I was pleased and grateful as many of my maternity clothes are getting worn and stained. She also brought some clothes for Sarah. Earlier this week another neighbor brought over a few things for Emmie, although they are too big right now, so it has been a week of generous neighbors and I am grateful.
Alyssa and Sarah have slight colds. Runny noses mostly.
Emmie has been having issues going to primary the last 4 weeks. She cries and is clingy during singing and sharing time. She sees me in there and wants to be with me. Today she wanted her green blankie. What is going on with her? I hope this doesn't continue. She is always happy and chipper when I pick her up from class and her teachers are awesome, two of the best we have right now. She is confusing me.
I think that about catches you up. Bye.
3 comments:
What to get as a thankyou for your nursery teachers...
How about a cup of juice and some goldfish crackers?
Or maybe a graham cracker and some bottled water?
A fruit snack and a capri sun?
Post a Comment