Wednesday, May 16, 2007

hummm

So I get a weekly safety tip email from my brother Jacob's company. Here it is if you are curious. This week's tip was about life hammers, which are tools for cutting one's seatbelt and breaking the class of the car window so you can escape in case of an emergency. I thought, "Wow, I better get on this!" and clicked on the amazon link to get one. Of course I checked out their prices and then went to ebay and bought 2 new for 1/2 the cost of one on amazon. Anyway, then as I was feeling secure about keeping us all safe I thought, "When are you ever going to need this? We live in a desert for heaven's sake! Like I'm going to accidentally drive off the road into a large body of water." So here are my justifications to Alan: This is in case the car stalls and there is a snake inside that is threatening us and we can't open the door because we somehow became pinned between two semi-trucks, or the seatbelt mechanism fails and we are at Krispy Kreme donuts and must exit the car quickly to get in the front of the line. Alan's reply was, "Or we just aren't spending money quickly enough so we have to smash open the window of a bank so we can grab some cash to buy more stuff on ebay." See, it really will come in handy. And one more I just thought of, what if the car is on fire and we have to get out through the back hatch!

No comments: