Sunday, February 04, 2007

Concern for poor Alan

I sold the headboard and some concern for poor Alan concerning the bed is pouring in. Not wanting to impose too girly a bed I am posting this link for the style I would like in my room and you can vote on whether it's too much for a manly man like Alan. Of course even if you vote against it I will prob. do it anyway. Here is the style I am going for. And here is the canopy I've ordered with which I will try it.

4 comments:

Scott said...

It's very feminine. No way around that.

Sport Mode said...

I second Scott's statement- it ain't no man's bed. The critical difference here, I believe, is form vs. function. Alan wants a useful bed/bedroom set; you want a pretty bed/bedroom set.

So, does this mean that Alan is going to assign himself an inmate number now? :)

Eric said...

That bed is very troubling. Alan, here is your solution:

1. Put up with the bed for 2-3 months, make no complaints.

2. While trying to "set the mood" with a scented candle, set the canopy on fire.

3. A week or so later, when Shannon is not at home, casually enter the room carrying a baseball bat. Accidentally trip and repeatedly hit the bed with the bat. Repeatedly.

4. Sue the manufacturer under product liability for failing to manufacture a bed that could sustain blows from common household items.

5. Use the settlement proceeds to buy a better bed.

Problem solved.

Cora said...

Isn't it beautiful!? Corey and I stayed in a guest home with that exact type of bed and we loved it. Didn't threaten his masculinity one bit! Besides, everyone knows men traditionally use their bedrooms no more than 8 hours each day (night, really) whereas domestic goddess-type women spend many more hours not only sleeping, but putting away laundry, cleaning, reading, etc. So, the way I see it is s/he who spends the most time in the room gets the majority say in decorating it.

Alan's so smart to agree to redecorate. A beautiful home decorated in the style she is most comfortable with yields a happy wife and momma!