Tuesday, May 30, 2006
wallpaper
Today I told Alan I was going to take down the wallpaper in the bathroom. I had a cool swirly gig that poked holes in the existing wallpaper and some spray gel that would saturate the paper for easy removal. Yeah right. I have spent 2 hours and have barely made a dent. There must be an easier way. The spray stuff soaks only the vinyl layer and leaves the paper which must then be soaked again and pealed bit by bit. Spraying it with hot water did about the same as the gel. Maybe I am just meant to really appreciate all the work Coralee and Dawn have done with their homes and not to actually try it. I feel like I missed the disclaimer from them, "Don't try this at home." Or at least, "Don't try this at home without adult supervision." What am I doing wrong?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I got that same gel to take down the border in my bathroom, and you're right--hot water worked just as well. I'm glad you got it all done, though.
I did not like that swirly gig one bit. It shredded the paper and it wouldn't peel off in chunks. I, too, liked the hot water method much better. I'd soak the vinyl and peel that layer off, then soak the paper below and use my little scraper which took huge chunks off at a time. However, on portions I had already poked, it came off in little tiny shreds. Yuck!
Post a Comment