Friday, January 06, 2006

Date ideas

Alan and I sat down Sunday and made new goals for 2006. Among them were to actually go on dates like in the olden days before our girls were born. We hope to do this once a month, not including the night we go to the temple. So total we could have 2 dates without girls a month. This means I have to cook every other Friday, a practice I'm not actually in. But it will be worth it if we can go out and hire a sitter. So the point is we came up with some potential date ideas; some of which we could do at home while the girls are occupied with something else (probably a baby einstein). Do you have anything that you might add to the list?
1. Cooking together- actually buying wierd ingredients we don't have on hand and cook a meal
2. Craft projects - not too girly
3. Walkies
4. Fine arts/cultural events
5. Read together
6. Play the piano together, duet style
7. Puzzles
8. Hikes- not for awhile I'm thinking
9. Drives
10. Planning/Brainstorming vacations we might one day go on

3 comments:

Cora said...

Some are free, some cost money, but here's what I think would be fun: Geocaching, Men's Chorus practice sessions (if they still let people in for free), other free concerts or BYU activities, BYU creamery, miniature golf, bike riding along the Provo River parkway (I think they have trails there), find and visit historical sites, go to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens, star gazing, find out if Nebo School District offers community education classes and take one you're both interested in, go shopping at a thrift store together, go shopping at the dollar store together, get two other couples together for a progressive dinner or fondue party, get one or two other couples for a board game night, make homemade ice cream together, invite a couple over to watch a classic or fun movie together...

Ernie Wessman said...

You could also take up fishing, using gear that your relatives already own to save money. Or borrow Grandpa W's boat on a nice summer evening. Or go to a lovely local park and feed each other chocolate strawberries or other goodies. Love, Dad W.

Shannon said...

These are great ideas! Thanks.