It's been an interesting week. Last night I dreamed I was still teaching school and Dad Wessman was my principal. He'd make a good principal actually so I guess that isn't such a stretch of the imagination. Sometimes, like this morning, I wake up and miss teaching school. But then I just think of Sarah and Emmie and all the cuteness I'd miss. Here is a list of their recent cuteness.
Emmie is learning to talk and Sarah is teaching her. Sarah will stop me if I should try and get Emmie to say something. "No Mommy, I am teaching her to talk." This week Emmie picked up the phrase "Uh oh" and she says it so well and cute. She has become absolutly attatched to her blankies. I put my foot down though and she can't take both of them with her in the car. Only one and that can't go into any stores. The trick has been to get her distracted enough for me to sneak them into the washer and then the dryer. That is a long time to go without blankies and inevitably she realizes what I've down and sobs until I can distract her, which is harder than it sounds when she wants her blankies.
Right now Sarah is reading "Hop on Pop" to Emmie. This is really cute. She can read a number of books which she has memorized. She is learning to read 3-letter words. We have done the short "a" and short "o". She can read and spell most words in this catagory if she is in the mood. I'm not pushing her because hey, she is only 3. Lately she is into thinking about what she wants for her birthday. A pink towell has not been mentioned lately but she frequently mentions a bike and Cinderella's dress-up dress at walmart. I think she would like a cash-register because she and Emmie often play shopping and the computer keyboard is the register. I don't know yet what we'll get her. Sarah has some cute phrases too. One of them is to call something a "big-girl mess" and to call herself the "Honda Queen" when she is passing gas. She is into calling things discusting too. This can prove embarrassing if we are not at home.
One thing I like is to go upstairs to bed and see little tiny shoes spread all over the place (Emmie loves shoes) and a teddy bear in one corner of the hall. I like to pick up the doll out of my bathroom and realize she was "getting a bath" and see books tucked under the beds where Sarah and Emmie will read them some more tomarrow. I love to see the kids sleeping in strange positions and to tuck a sheet around them. I love when Emmie comes up and gives me a spontaneous kiss or brings me a book or points at her feet and says "foot" or giggles when I fetch her the blankies and cuddles them into her face. I love when Sarah says, "If I must I must" when asked to finish drinking her milk. I love when Alan pushes the shopping cart and popper out of his bathroom where Emmie has pushed them again.
I recken I'm content being at home and though I don't have cute bulliton boards and neat reading and science stations I am still teaching really.
No comments:
Post a Comment