I was thinking about writing a book with the above title but that is not up my alley and so here are just some chapter shorts for someone else to use.
Chapter 1- Most people who have serious physical, emotional, and psychological problems can't help but be totally self-absorbed. When one's own problems are so absorbing and warp one's perseption of everything then that person naturally can't see anyone else's needs.
Chapter 2 - I can't expect my crazy friend to act like a rational, logical, and normal adult because Fact: She isn't.
Chapter 3 - Designing lectures on how to help my crazy friend become a rational, logical, and healthy normal adult will never help because 1) I can't ever tell them to her and 2) Even if I did she wouldn't believe me and 3) would think that I don't understand her or her needs.
Chapter 4 - Because her problems are so overwhelming and she is so insecure with herself she is hardly ever teachable or willing to change.
Chapter 5 - Because she isn't teachable it's unhealthy to become obsessed about trying to fix all her problems and allow her to absorb all your time and energy because Fact: My crazy friend will want to spend as much time with me as possible and will feel cheated if I put my family first.
Chapter 6 - Always be honest but kind. Most of the time silence is the best approach to her crazy rantings.
No comments:
Post a Comment