Sunday, November 06, 2011

Alyssa is so funny

Last night while Alyssa was getting ready for her shower she said, " Mom, I have to tell the truth." Right away I wondered what terrible thing she had done and figured it had to do with not making it to the bathroom in time but no...
"When I get my socks I climb on Emily's bed and then I jump off. But I don't get hurt. It feels like when I jump from the second step on my feet and they don't mind."
I can live with that.

Totally non-related: Amelia has mastered going down stairs now for the last couple of weeks. But this past week she discovered the playroom. It's a whole new world, the last of the unexplored house, a place she must be. So when the girls are playing a game and shut the door to keep her out she sits there and cries and I feel sad and open the door for her. Fortunately the girls have come up with ways to distract her with stuff while they play Greek Goddess or whatever Sarah has dreamed up for the day.

Also un-related: Yesterday afternoon we got a sitter and went to a movie and dinner! We haven't done that in years. Mostly because I don't really like movies. But yesterday we went to see the last Harry Potter movie and I mostly really liked it. It was nice to go to a movie with Alan and Spanish Fork theater only charges $3 per ticket for any time so that was nice too. We even got popcorn!


No comments: