Wednesday, January 07, 2009

So far...

One of my goals for this year is to set a daily goal or two. Today my goal was to get up early enough to fix a real breakfast for the girls. I did that. But now I feel lazy. I don't want to do my regular Wednesday chores. (That's the real reason I'm blogging. To put off doing chores.)

Also Alan and I are participating in a wellness program sponsored by DMBA in order to earn up to $200. The challenge for Jan. and Feb. is to exercise 5 days a week and replace sweets with fruit and soda with water. The soda isn't hard because we never drink it anyway. The exercise isn't hard for me but a challenge for Alan. But cutting out sweets is killing me! I like a little chocolate or something sweet after dinner. I like to eat donuts and make cookies. I now live for Mondays where I can have refreshments after f.h.e. and Sundays where I can have desert. (We only have to trade sweets for fruit 80% of the days.) Alan, on the other hand, isn't having any problem with a lack of treats.

2 comments:

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Good luck with it all. My new year's goal is to not lose ground, become worse at anything. That's not as easy as it sounds...

Ami Paulsen said...

Good luck! I need to go on another sugar fast and we can support each other. Are you allowed to eat raisins? That helps me when I do a sugar fast.
My goal for 2009 is to make it to 2010 without going insane. It's something I have to work at daily.