Thursday, August 28, 2008
I'm cured
I've been pestering Alan for a new puppy. He very emphatically says "no!" Then we puppysat, and are puppysitting again, my friend Windy's dog. She is really cute but I forgot how much work puppies are. They must be watched almost constantly and given appropriate things to chew. But she is really fun. She chases her tail and spooks at everything, bounding into the air and flipping around. She and Potter play well and the girls love her. Today we are going to work on training her to come, sit, and alert when she needs to go outside. This has totally cured me of wanting a puppy. I will gladly tend Shnoake until Windy is well and then happily give her back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wouldn't it be nice if we could always have a trial run to cure us of such nutso things, like wanting a truck (for guys) and paying the insurance and gas for the monster. Or a rental option for fashionable clothes would be cool: send back the dress after the styles shift. Or maybe a virtual reading program that could identify if we'd really enjoy the book or not...
I thought I'd approach children the same way after I got married. We thought about waiting 3 years before trying to have a baby. I thought I'd babysit a lot and then I'd be okay waiting a while to have one I can't give back. The problem was; I always babysat your kids. Your kids don't cure you of wanting to have a kid. They make you think "If I could get one like this, it might be alright."
My plan obviously didn't work since we celebrated our third anniversary Tuesday and I have a 9-month old baby.
Post a Comment