Friday, March 14, 2008
Scared? Maybe.
This week I tried to buy wheat from the Church cannery. No dice. They haven't had any for weeks and don't expect a supply anytime in the near future. Today at Walmart I happened to notice the shelves for flour were nearly bare. They had 4 small 5 lb bags left. I bought bread, the Prairie brand, for $3.47. That's a lot for a loaf but I like to read the ingredients and see that there are only 5 and all ingredients are what I put in my own homemade bread (except raisin juice). Then when I got home I browsed the ksl headlines and saw a story about the price of bread and other wheat items growing. Too late to heed the counsel to stock up on wheat. Good thing for me my parents heeded the counsel when they were young and bought a ton of wheat (literally) and are now distributing it among my siblings. Lucky for me Mom Wessman lent me a wheat grinder. I'm even more glad that I bought some wheat when it was available. Moral of the story, don't procrastinate following the counsel of our leaders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment