Lately I've been thinking about blogging. I just can't figure out what exactly to blog about. Everything has been going along normally. Which means of course that the girls have been sick. Emmie went to the doctor yesterday with an ear infection. She complained the previous night about her ear hurting and then in the morning said her ear was wet. The doctor said her ear drum had ruptured! Her ear drops were $45, the antibiotic was another $27 and of course the co-pay for the visit was $15. This is over budget for the whole month and it's only the 4th day of April! Then I came home and did finances and paid the hospital $130 for Sarah's surgery. Now we are way over budget for April. Nobody else can get sick the rest of the month. Mind you, I am grateful for insurance or else that would have all been a lot more.
Lately I've been obsessing about exercise. I have to obsess over it or I won't do it. I hate exercising, but finally the desire to be skinnier outweighed the laziness and I've been working at it. It's harder for me to eat right and less, than it is to actually exercise. And I hate that one evening of indulging myself and eating a single donut will cost me 4 days of strict diet and exercising like a mad woman to get back to where I was before the donut. It's so not fair. (And it wasn't even a Krispy Kreme.) I do like my new Bean exercise toy and do two of the routines it came with every day. One is only 7 minutes and the other is 30 minutes. I still do the nordi-track every morning during Alyssa's nap time for 20 minutes.
The weather is perfect and I love to be outside in it. I actually weeded and cleaned out all the flower beds the other week. Our tulips are just starting to bloom and the lilacs are getting ready too. I love spring. I wish I knew how to build a birdhouse for the garden in the back. I'm thinking about that again but there are so many other projects that I'll probably ignore it again. I want to paint my room. Actually I want to paint the whole house but I'm not as brave as Coralee.
Alan and I reserved a room at a bed and breakfast in Salt Lake for a couple of nights in May. I am so excited about that. We are going to get away for 2 days and celebrate our anniversary and Alan's birthday. Mom Wessman has generously agreed to watch the girls. It is something to look forward to.
I can hear Alyssa getting into the dog food again. Does anyone want a dog?
No comments:
Post a Comment