Yesterday had a lot of Firsts for Alyssa.
She had her first year-old appointment. This is the first one that was actually on the child's birthday for me. She is 17 lbs 1 oz, which is in the 4%, and 26 1/2 " making her in the 3% for height. Her head is in the 75% so she is a typical Wessman baby. The only somewhat worrisome thing for Alyssa is she was only drinking between 4 - 6 oz of 2% milk a day. Her doctor said she should have between 18 - 24 oz a day of whole milk so we have been trying to step it up. She doesn't like milk much though and so he suggested flavoring it. I came home and gave her 4 oz of warm chocolate milk (first chocolate milk) and lo and behold she drank the whole bottle. This can't be all that good of a habit though. Once she is drinking enough milk I will slowly diminish the amount of choc. syrup until hopefully she'll drink it straight. She also likes it much better warm, imagine that.
She also had her first day and night of no nursing. I always have mixed emotions when it comes to weaning the babies off of nursing. On the one hand I'm so free! and yet on the other hand I'm sad my baby is growing up.
Alyssa took her first steps yesterday!! She's been standing by herself for about 3 weeks but has been super hesitant about taking any steps. So we were both sad and excited to see her walk yesterday. Today she has been bolder and taken more wobbly steps.
To celebrate her birthday we got donuts, no egg issues here, and she had her first glazed donut. She loved it of course.
Last of all, she celebrated her new-found independence and age by staying up from 2:30 a.m. to 5 a.m. I don't know if it was the shots, chocolate, donut, or what but it wasn't cool.
On the plus side she learned how to "give 5" which is super cute and yesterday she also learned how to turn around and go down the stairs herself. She has become an expert at this new found way to freedom and nothing is safe anymore.
1 comment:
That's exactly how I feel about weaning. I may have to try the chocolate milk trick. Yes, 75% is exactly typical Wessman baby, isn't it. We should do our own research study on the percentile differences between the cousins and see how many are height-challenged/big-brained babies.
Post a Comment