Monday, December 11, 2006
laundry day
Today is laundry day and you should know I read all the tags every week. Some articles of clothing I remember from week to week and some it seems like I never remember. Hmmm, is this cold or warm? And then there are those that mock me. 'Hand wash in cold water'. Right. Like I am going to go get my washing tub and wash board and hand wash stuff - in cold water no less. That's why I wasn't born 100 years ago or in the Phillipe ans. So I give them a dirty look, fitting- as they are dirty after all, and throw them unceremoniously into the washing machine. I compromise though and put it on the cold setting. My slippers got splashed with citrus listerine and they had the gall to suggest wiping with a damp cloth. In they went too. I'll show them who's boss. And I have long ignored those delicate lady items, otherwise known as "over-shoulder boulder holders" instructions. I suppose it goes with my "no ironing" policy. So far I've survived this lack of true homemaking expertise, but one day it may bite me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Funny you mention this. I have a similar no-ironing policy:
If it's dressy, and it's not permanent press, I don't buy it. Also, let's abolish ironing except in cases of emergency.
you guys are nuts :)
Post a Comment