Every spring I get restless and do things I never otherwise do. Mostly this means I weed the gardens and clean out the garage. But every spring I also get really restless and want to be out and about. This year is no different except one major thing. I'm so tired from being up all night that I don't have the energy to actually do the things I plan in my head. It's creating friction with the seperate parts of myself.
The main part of my personality likes to be in charge of life and make plans and schedules and GET THINGS DONE. It's somewhat frustrated at the moment. The otherwise frequently repressed section that uses reason rather than emotion and always suggests reading a nice book rather than "going out somewhere" is having to work a lot harder than usual to keep me from getting too tired or from going crazy not doing all the things "I should be doing because it's spring." The good news is that I can use reason when all else fails and even be happy with it. This year I think I'll transfer all the spring activities to summer. "But then what will happen to all the summer activities?" complains myself.
"We'll do them too, when we have energy again and the baby is sleeping during the night and Alan is done with his consulting work and the house is clean and the gardens are weeded and you no longer want a baby sheep and baby goat in the backyard. Right now why don't you go read a nice book and pretend the dinner will cook itself."
"Good idea. 'Sarah, Emmie want me to read you a story?'"...
No comments:
Post a Comment