I'm not catching you all up on everything because I haven't even had the time to write it all in my journal, but I do want to write a few thoughts for today. Yesterday was the best day since Alyssa was born. In the morning Mom and Coralee came down and shortly after they arrived the NICU called to say Alyssa was off her ventilator. Apparently she had pulled it out on her own when her nurse wasn't watching. Hmmm, what kind of personality are we getting here. She is doing very well with the tube blowing air/oxygen into her nose though so yea! This also meant that 1)I could hold her, and 2) she could try and nurse. Mom was wonderful and offered to drive me around yesterday so I was able to nurse her in the afternoon. She did much better than I thought she might. She was hungry and rooting around. She latched on perfectly and sucked really well although she took frequent rests. It was a wonderful feeling compared to that nasty pump which has been imitating her, and not very well I might add. I can't describe the feeling I had holding her for the first time. I tear up every time I think about it. It was magnificant.
I wish to thank Coralee and Mom personally and publically for the incredible service they gave me yesterday. It might not seem like a huge thing to them, but between them I felt so blessed. Coralee did all the laundry including preparing the crib and car-seat. I came home and the nursery looked like a nursery! She had vacuumed and put the girls down for naps. She had really gone above and beyond. Mom had mopped the kitchen before we left for dr's appointments and was patient while I spent a ton of time holding Alyssa. (She didn't even get a turn to hold her.) Although I could have survived (and moderatly well I might add) without having a tidy or clean house they made sure that I didn't have to worry and recognized my needs even though I hadn't really even noticed them as such. I appreciate such wonderful family support.
Julie also deserves mention as she has watched the girls so we could have Alyssa and I could nurse her yesterday evening even though she isn't feeling quite up to par. She saved me from having no lunch yesterday with her lovely and tasty muffins.
Although I have mentioned these wonderful women specifically I am well aware of the miracles we've been blessed with in having your faith and prayers in behalf of Alyssa and know that is why she is doing so much better than expected. Please know that we are doing well and are so grateful to have family near and far(Derek and Kiyomi:))
1 comment:
I am so happy to hear that all is going well for you and Alyssa. Coralee has been keeping both Coreen and me posted.
Post a Comment