Monday, November 28, 2005

Some random stuff

Yesterday at church I noticed Emmie had 2 new molars on the bottom! There may be some on the top too, she wouldn't let me check. Only maybe 2 weeks ago I suspected that the fingers in the mouth might mean new teeth and checked but she didn't even have raised or sore looking gums. These teeth must have come in fast. Wierd how the first teeth take forever and cause all kinds of misery and these 2-year molars didn't even get noticed.

Our vacume took a tumble down the stairs and broke itself. So I headed off to Walmart to find a new one. I figure they aren't that high of quality but hey, for only $60-70 I can get one that will last 5-7 years (unless it falls down the stairs, although if you ask Eureka it will swear it was pushed). Anyway I always choose one that takes a bag because several years ago when shopping I was considering some more expensive kinds at Sears and the vacume person told me that the ones without bags clog more easily and don't maintain the same level of suction over time. For me weight is also an issue. So it came down to a Hoover $80? and a Bissell $70. The Hoover looked like a really nice vacume but was super heavy. Also the attatchment for stairs would have been nessasary and a pain and I have a lot of stairs. The Bissell also had an attatchment for stairs which one would have to use (the vacume itself has no handle for holding while vacuming stairs). But the "B" was much lighter and the hose went over the suction pipe thingy on the vacume. My Eureka had a hose that went inside the suction thingy and was frequently popping out and causing me anger and frustration. (It's weird maybe but I get way more angry when my appliences don't function the way they should than when any person does something annoying.) So I chose the "B". I have now had it 3-4 weeks and love it. It's cord is much longer, thus allowing fewer changes of plugging it in and it works well and so far that darn hose has stayed put. The stairs attatchment also seems to work well and I was pretty skeptical about that. It's also not as much of a pain as I thought it would be to pause, put on the attachment and do the stairs while vacuming.

Last night we put up Christmas. Sarah has been anticipating this for weeks and was very excited. Emmie thought the candy canes all aught to be eaten immediately and was sad when she was denied. She had a good time putting all her ordaments on the same two branches. We spent about 2 hours and got it all done (we have too many Christmas decorations you say?) except for the lights around the windows. Maybe I will do them today but I woke up with a scratchy throat so maybe not.

For dinner I think I will make a turkey vegetable soup.

I watched the Dog Show for awhile and think the dog that won all the best in show was ugly. They don't have a catagory for Potter -Chore dog. He allerts me when the dryer stops, the microwave dings, oven buzzes, or the children are crying. He follows the vacume carefully to make sure it does its job and follows me around to make sure I do my job. And as if I couldn't hear the door bell either he barks loudly to let me know strangers have approached the house. After writing all this I think Potter thinks I'm an idiot and deaf.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Random stuff can be very interesting.